Good things in our Midst
I as I sit here and type I watched a family strolling down the road together. I can’t help but think that there is so much fear being dispersed through our devices and yet there is so much good going on.
I know that families are looking at the uncertainty of jobs, health, and groceries.
I acknowledge there is a sickness taking lives right now and that I may find myself with such sickness.
One thing I am doing in our homes is acknowledging the world around us but not focusing on the uncertainty because we as believers are already living in a sense of uncertainty and reliance on our Gracious Father for our daily bread. We need not worry about what we can’t control. We can control how we react to what comes our way.
I choose to seek good and there I will find it.
Those who are called the beloved understand that thankfulness is our posture and we come as children acknowledging that our God is working around us and His works are good.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.”
Here is a list I have composed of all good things going on in the midst of our everyday life right now~
1. Families are cooking together.
2. Families are eating healthier.
3. Families are eating together.
4. Families are enjoying activities together.
5. Activities together bring in great opportunities to disciple our children.
6. We can share good things with our loved ones that the Lord is doing.
7. Phone calls are more meaningful.
8. Conversations are treasured.
9. Children are moving at the pace that they should be, a slower pace.
10. Parents are smiling at what the slower pace creates instead of insisting everyone to pick up the pace.
11. NAPS! NAPS! Without the guilt!
12. Wives are hugging their hubbies in the middle of the day.
13. Couples are not exhausted when night comes. ;)
14. Husbands are doing the list they have put off along with their children.
15. Songs are being sung in the kitchen.
16. There is time for snuggles and laughs that need no time limit.
17. Mama’s are disciplining their children without the pressures of the world and schedules.
18. Mama’s are coming from a place of rest instead of exhaustion.
19. More words are spoken in kindness.
20. Life is slower.
Add to our list by sharing what would you add to the list?
What numbers on the list are you enjoying lately?