Right now~ we live in a world that wants us divided.
And wants us to choose sides, use labels, and shame if they disagree.
But I believe that truth can be spoken in love and grace is for every soul.
Right now~ it is the time to show the world how we love. How unity is among the people of Jesus.
How the church can see wrongs and rights that are from both sides and show compassion through the working of the Holy Spirit of God.
Right now ~ I see friends shunning friends who disagree.
I see families arguing over who's right and wrong.
I hear labels and shaming and I say it needs to stop.
I believe when we choose to stop with and labeling and shaming we will see the anger subsided.
May we share the hope we have and the love that we have been shown to the world today in our own special ways. May we disagree with grace and hope. May we love in not just words but in deeds. May we stop the shaming and labeling and fight the good fight together. It will make room for the gospel.
It starts with us.
I have found that Romans 12 is a great place to be sharpened in our love for God and others.
1. Therefore I urge you, brothers, on account of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
2. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
3. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but think of yourself with sober judgment, according to the measure of faith God has given you.
4. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and not all members have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many are one body, and each member belongs to one another.
6. We have different gifts according to the grace given us. If one’s gift is prophecy, let him use it in proportion to his faith;
7. if it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8. if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is giving, let him give generously; if it is leading, let him lead with diligence; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
9. Love must be sincere. Detest what is evil; cling to what is good.
10. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Outdo yourselves in honoring one another.
11. Do not let your zeal subside; keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, persistent in prayer.
13. Share with the saints who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14. Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse.
15. Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep.
16. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but enjoy the company of the lowly. Do not be conceited.
17. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody.
18. If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone.
19. Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.”b
20. On the contrary,
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him a drink.
For in so doing,
you will heap burning coals on his head.”c
21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.